Not only are we late to the party but just realized the gato and I have been absent since Sept. 9th! Guess real life just took over, stuff like...birthdays...excitement in the neighborhood. If you ever want to see what we are up to, visit with us at our other blog Diamonds and Daisies. We'd love to have you take a peak into our "regular" life! Speaking of which, here are some books I picked up at a recent library book sale:
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch by Carolyn Keene: Yey! Nancy Drew, teen detective, a childhood favorite of mine.
- National Velvet by Enid Bagnold: I was enamored of horses when I was a young girl and read all manner of horse stories including this one. Another childhood favorite and I absolutely adored the movie with a young Elizabeth Taylor.
- Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella: I do *HEART* a good chicklit and Sophie Kinsella writes the best of the genre. This is one of the first SK books I read and managed to find a nice copy to add to my ever growing library.
- Buckingham Palace Gardens by Anne Perry: Anne Perry is a familiar name but surprisingly I have never read her books. I'll start with this one because: a) it's a mystery and b) it takes place during my favorite time period and place, Victorian London.
- Something Blue by Emily Griffin: Of course I've seen her best-selling books around but never got around to reading them. I decided on this one because it is my niece's favorite.
- When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris: A friend recommend this to me sometime ago and I have finally gotten around to picking it up! Looking forward to reading this one.
- Dracula the Undead by Dacre Stoker: Imagine you are the great-grandnewphew of Bram Stoker! Now imagine you are writing a sequel to the classic, Dracula, originally pubished in 1897. The audacity! But, hmmmmm, interesting!
- Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler: Because I love a good adventure yarn and enjoy visiting with old friends like Dirk Pitt! Bartender, another Corona please.
It's Monday, and you are able to make a fresh new start! So, get on it!