Friday, March 5, 2010

The Friday 56

I found this great meme hosted by Storytime With Tonya and Friends and thought I might enjoy the fun!



The Rules:
*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
*
Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
*Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Here is my first foray into The Friday 56...


...it's Dead and Gone, the 9th in the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. Stay tuned for a review of the book soon.





There was a traditional cross erected in the employee parking lot, back by the trees where the gravel gave way to dirt. A body was nailed to it. My eyes scanned it, took in the distorted body, the streaks of dried blood, came back up to the face.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I keep meaning to read these books - they're on my list with a zillion others.

    Love the quote.

    I've seen Charlaine Harris at book conventions - she's really funny.

    I love your sidekick - your kitty is adorable!

    My Friday 56 is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a fun idea.....Oh dear, I must keep up with this fab blog of yours Bonnie! THANK YOU DEAREST FRIEND for coming to celebrate our anniversary. Ruben is a real prince, a prince indeed!

    Love you very, very much and I wanna hear what the heck is going on with the interview....

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. these literary GATOS are a crack-up and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete