Friday, March 26, 2010

The Friday 56 - Jane Austen Ruined My Life


It's Friday and you know what that means...time for The Friday 56 with Tonya and Friends!


Here are the rules:

*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
*
Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
*Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


Here's my entry: Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo


Adam glanced down at my feet. “Too bad there’s no mat with a key under it.”

His offhand comment sparked a memory. I looked toward the yew tree. “I wonder…” I moved toward it. The ancient branches grew almost to the ground. I pushed aside some leaf obstacles and disappeared into the tree’s shadow.


Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

  1. ok, I'm sold just by the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so taken by the pictures of the beautiful cats, I had to go back and read the blog...Love all the kitties, my cat tina has her own blog, it is located on my side bar, come for a visit andl go to her blog, she would love meeting all of your beautiful furry friends....

    ReplyDelete