Sunday, July 24, 2011

Comic Con 2011

For the past few years San Diego has been home to Comic Con. When I first moved here in 2000, I kept hearing about it but I really wasn't quite sure what it was. Let me tell you that it's a phenomenon and grows substantially each year.

The convention has grown so huge that the city of San Diego had to fight last year to keep it here. Alas, when the contract is up, I am sure it will move only because we do not have the facilities large enough to accommodate it anymore.


Packed exhibit space



The craziness that is Comic Con



The Twilight folks were there for interview sessions, photo ops, autographs and a few sneaky peaks of Breaking Dawn.



Take a look!



Surprise!
The premiere of Cowboys and Aliens was not in LA or New York but right here in San Diego!



Red carpet photos!
Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart


Daniel Craig

BUT
the BIG news for me was confirmation that Jurassaic Park IV is in the works!


AWESOME!


"We have a story," Spielberg said. "A writer is currently working on the treatment for [that story]...and the hope is to see Jurassic Park 4 in the next 2 or 3 years."



My advice to everyone?

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS!

And that's another Comic Con for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment