Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's Summer

I hope you will join with me and the Gato and pull up a chair (or hammock!) in the shade along with a tall cool drink and let's talk books!



While the Gato and I have been missing from the book blogging world that doesn't mean we haven't been reading. The Gato himself enjoyed Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot, the inspiration for the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Cats.



As for myself I read a million and one chicklits but sadly can only recommend two of them. If you enjoy chicklit try The First Assistant (a follow up to The Second Assistant) by Clare Naylor and Mimi Hare. Both books are fun and a kind of insider's look into the Hollywood PR machine.




My niece loves Emily Griffin's books so I found Something Blue at The Friend's of the Library book sale a while back. Finally got around to reading it...what took me so long? It's a great book.


I also discovered Perri O'Shaughnessy's thrillers. Perri O'Shaughnessy is actually two people, sisters to be precise, Mary and Pamela O'Shaughnessy. They have created a great character in attorney Nina Reilly, you'll enjoy Unlucky in Law.


I read quite a few cozy mysteries especially The Cat Who books by Lilian Jackson Braun. I love revisiting with James Qwilleran and his two Siamese Koko and Yum Yum not to mention all the folk that live in the ficticious town of Pickax located in Moose County "40 miles north of everywhere." To read my review of two Cat Who books click here. Sadly the 97 year old Ms. Jackson Braun passed away last month. You can read about her passing as reported in the New York Times. I shall miss her cozy writing style.

And finally, the Gato and I would like to welcome the newest member to the Book Fiend's Gallery, Mr. Tux Twist. Tux, short for Tuxedo, was recently adopted and enjoys catnip cocktails, sci-fi movies (he is excited about the return of Torchwood), Captain America, and YES an evening walk with his family. Enjoy this little photo tribute featuring Tux!


Dolores, come outside and check this out, you won't believe it?
Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?
It's dang near the craziest thing I eva seen!
A cat on a leash, why I never!



Can a cat have some privacy?





I spy...





Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
It's good to be back!

1 comment:

  1. Good to have you back, its also great to meet the adorable Mr Tux Twix.

    I also love cats and though I'm not a huge reader of poetry I love Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats if only for the wonderful illustrations.

    ReplyDelete